I loooooved this book! What a cute romance about two telenovela stars! Jasmine and Ashton are thrown together on the set of a new series and obviously can’t help falling for each other.
What I liked:
- I really enjoyed both Ashton and Jasmine as characters and seeing their arcs as they deal with past trauma. I really felt their growth as they came together and learned from one another.
- The representation!! So much Latinx rep which I don’t see very often in romance novels. It was really cool to see more Puerto Rican culture with these characters as they navigate being celebrities of color.
- Telenovelas!!! Need I say more??
What I didn’t like as much:
- Dual POVs. I really never like dual POVs in a romance. I think it really takes away any tension you could have had when you know every thought and feeling from both sides.
- I also wish there was just ONE more good scene between Jasmine and Ashton before they really fell for each other. I kinda felt like we skipped from being strangers to falling in love, and just one extra scene could’ve helped their relationship to flow more for the readers.
Overall, I think Daria is a great write and this was cute! I’ll definitely be picking up her next book following Jasmine’s cousin.